May 1, 2013

Delivering Happiness

Tony Hsieh, 2010
Working with people
makes this book relevant to
almost anyone

My boss gave this book to me and two other managers, and at first I figured that it would go the way of all the other reading assignments I'd received over the years, however, I quickly noticed a difference. In school I paid to not read the book, but here I was being paid to read it. Or something like that. Either way, I'm glad I was motivated enough to give my first read from the "How to Succeed in Business" genre a try.

Hsieh (pronounced Shay), the CEO of Zappos.com, has a similar story to that of Mark Zuckerberg (except Tony Hsieh actually appears to have friends). As an entrepreneur with the dream of making big money (original idea, I know), he realized that the only way for his company to thrive was through out-of-this-world customer service. An eye-opener for anyone in the service industry, and the only company I would consider working for if I was ever forced to live in Las Vegas. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

2 comments:

  1. We talk about Zappos a lot at my company and used their culture book as an example for ours. I'll have to read this! And your comment about Hsieh actually having friends made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome about your company! I was reading about Tony Hsieh online today and he really is a cool guy. And I had no idea you were so close! Our schedules are pretty open, but weekends are best. Let me know when you're free and we could meet you guys halfway or something. :)

      Delete